Self-employed business owner

If you are applying for an EU residence document on the basis of the fact that you are running or are about to commence running an independent business in Denmark, you must be able to document that you are conducting business of a financial nature at your own expense and risk with the purpose of extracting financial return. It is a prerequisite that the business is conducted regularly in more than a brief period and that it is registered for value-added tax with the Danish Customs and Tax Administration (SKAT).

You may attach a copy of the following:

  • Documentation of registration of the business with the Central Business Register (CVR)
  • Budget for the first operational year of the business prepared by a registered or certified accountant
  • Annual accounts for the business – if you have run your business in Denmark for an extended period and you have one or more annual accounts for the business, these must be submitted instead of a budget
  • Receipts or other proof of payment of value-added tax
  • Business bank account statements
  • Invoices that your business has issued or received
  • Documentation of stock
  • Lease contract or other documentation relating to the premises from which the business is operated

Remember to read about how to submit the application for your EU residence document and what to submit in addition to the above documentation for your basis for residence on the application and documentation page.


Til toppen af siden
Senest opdateret 24. maj 2017
Kontakt os
Nyheder |Om Statsforvaltningen |Job
Blanketter |FAQ |Presse |English